Posted on February 10, 2022
Communications / Marketing
About the Position:
Settlement Music School is looking for a creative Graphic Designer to join our growing marketing team. This individual will be joining the School at an exciting time as we develop and implement an enhanced marketing and communications strategy that will allow us to elevate brand awareness, reach new audiences, and increase our digital presence across multiple platforms. The Graphic Designer works in collaboration with the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, the Communications Content Manager, and an experienced external video team. The Graphic Designer will lead and implement the School’s graphic design efforts while working closely with members of the Central Administrative staff and Branch staff.
Specific responsibilities for this part-time position include:
- Conceptualize and design all communication and promotional materials—including flyers, brochures, posters, postcards, concert programs, social media graphics, and campaign collateral—using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere
- Develop compelling designs with cohesive branding that reflect Settlement’s mission and messaging
- Collaborate with Central Administration on digital presentation designs
- Edit and prepare files for printing
- Work closely with Communications Content Manager to meet graphic design needs across multiple prints and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with the external video team and provide graphic support for multiple projects (lower thirds, logo, titles, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Digital Art, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a deadline-driven graphic design environment
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite’s InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere software
- Extensive knowledge of print and digital design media
- Expertise in layout, design, color theory, typography, and animation techniques
- Ability to apply creative thinking and problem-solving skills to projects
- Willingness to edit designs to meet the School’s needs and objectives
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
The Graphic Designer is a remote part-time position.
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- 403b retirement contribution match
COVID-19 and Workplace Policy:
Settlement Music School requires that all on-site employees show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are reviewed on an individual basis.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Founded in 1908 Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States serving children and adults of all ages throughout the Philadelphia region and online. Settlement provides over $2.6 million dollars each year in financial aid and scholarships to 60% of its students. Settlement’s reach is broad, and it continues the principles of its Founders, to provide accessible, creative arts education for all.
Apply for this job
Please send cover letter, resume, and design portfolio by email only to Megan Looby at email@example.com.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!